Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What do your actions say?


A saying we all have heard many times has been on my mind lately:

Your actions speak louder than your words


Let’s think about the basic meaning of this saying; if someone says they are not hungry but begins to eat, does that make sense? If someone tells you they love you but are mean and hateful towards you, does that make sense?


How often do we do this with our walk with God?


Do we say, “I love Jesus” but have hatred towards others in our heart?


Do we say, “I have faith my God can do anything!” but worry about our daily needs?


Do we try to lead others to Jesus while we ourselves are not walking that way?


Our actions speak louder than words.
If you say “ I love Jesus”, choose to love others as he loves us.


If you have faith in Jesus, choose to praise and trust him in everything.


If you are trying to lead others to Him, get to know Him and walk towards Him.


People will notice your actions over what you say.

I challenge you to double check and pray that your actions are screaming I am a follower of Christ and not contradicting your words.



1 comment:

  1. So true! This reminds me of what I studied in Proverbs for the 31 Day Scripture Challenge -- "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." What good are our words if they are not backed up with our actions and attitude? Great post!

    ReplyDelete